Sunday, December 16, 2007

Jimbo & Janin Mo are among our longest-time friends who just happen to be a happily married couple (is that even a phrase? or am I having ESL issues again? it really does sound weird to me), we have always enjoyed their company (individually or joint) and laugh until it hurts when we hang out. These two are 2 amazing people. Then one day almost 5 years ago, the Mo's became 3, then 3 years ago the Mo's became 4, and much to everyone's surprise this August the Mo's became 5!


Sadly we don't see the Mo's quite as often, but today we had the whole squad over for Sunday brunch and kind of all day hangout session. Since the RipeMango pack is also made up of 5 (but 3 are the canine variety), our household was alive with craziness today.


My favorite moments today include:

1. Teaching a 4 year-old boy how to say "scones with lemon curd" so that he can tell his teachers about his weekend dietary affairs.

2. Bringing out our tea set and nice dishes to play grownup hostess.

3. Watching a re-run of A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila with the Mo's. Ummm yeah :) I guess it's obvious we're grown up and classy.

It was fun having them over but we were left feeling so exhausted that it once again reminds me how being a parent on a full-time basis seems like the absolute most insanely difficult thing ever. I'm almost 28 but I still can't shake the suspicion that being a parent, a good one anyway, requires one to have some sort of special gift and and I think I may have been skipped when that talent was handed out.

No comments: