Thursday, December 6, 2007

Turf War

Today some students came into my classroom wanting to know if I knew any details about the man that left via ambulance the previous afternoon. When I told them I knew nothing of this most recent tragic event they proceeded to inform me that an ice cream man was robbed and beaten near the tennis courts on our campus. The most frightening thing was that apparently this all happened right as students where headed home for the day.

Concerned about the safety of the general student population I decided to ask Mr. Principal about this event, he informed of the following:

1. The ice cream man (with the little Mexican style cart, not in an ice cream van) was in fact beaten.
2. He was beaten by another "more established" ice cream man.
3. The fight was over ice cream salesman turf.

I guess Wallace Stevens was on to something when he wrote that the only emperor is the emperor of ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, that's hardcore! Who knew selling ice cream was a dangerous job???

Ms.RipeMango said...

I know, I know!