Monday, December 10, 2007

The high cost of beauty.


So in my continued half-assed attempts to attempt a more frugal and conscious lifestyle I've made it out the farmer's market two weeks in a row. Truth be told our farmer's market kind of sucks, there are very few vendors. But in order to get to a better market we'd have to drive 20 or 30 miles which really seems to defeat the purpose of it all.
I was so proud of myself for walking away with a bunch of fruit and even some asparagus for under $10. After my Friday's cheap and fun outing with friends, I was feeling really good!

But then I had to pick up my dogs from the groomer and handed over $85, ouch.
Oh well, it's not easy looking this good.






I wish I could do this myself, but then I look at my own image in the mirror and realize that if I'm not willing or able to give myself a decent hair style, I can't really do anything for these little guys either.


I was so pleased with their looks that I went a little crazy with the camera. Here's a shot that shows how Quasi earned his name: you can see his funny little teeth, his messed up little leg, and even his little tail (a no-no in the schnauzer world). Now, don't worry, I'm well aware that Quasi won't be winning any beautiful-baby contests anytime soon, but the little guy has a heart of gold, is beautiful on the inside, and other heart-warming cliches.


No comments: