Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fresh and Fruity

I have been in complete denial but there's no more stalling it, Christmas must be deal with...

I used to take such pride in hunting down just the *perfect* gift for everyone on my list. I use to scour Robinson's May, Macy's, Target hunting just the right item with a personal touch for the each of the dozens of people on my list. But honestly, I'm way over it. Luckily this year my side of the family decided not to do gifts at all.

But the poor in laws are now signed up for the Fruit-of-the-Month club this year. I can't believe we've become the people that gift the fruit-of-the-month. Now don't get me wrong, I love fruit, the in-laws love fruit but I can't believe we're going to pay so much money to ship fruit that probably would've cost $10 for the entire year if just picked up at the grocery store instead. And oh my god let's not even talk about what they must add to that fruit to keep it fresh through so many levels of shipping. Oh and the fuel cost to ship small batches of fruit. Oh well, at least we're not sending yet another gift card, or some nonsense to add more clutter to their home.

In return Mr. Ripemango and I have received 2 gift cards from them in return. I'm just glad we're not getting small crystal figurines or some other useless stuff :)

No comments: